If you want to feel the adrenaline rush of moving from 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds, without putting yourself at risk on asphalt, you have two options: either you buy a ticket to ride on Space X or you can jump on a high-octane jet ski.
It is likely that you are serious about your desire to ride a jetski. Most likely, you searched the Internet for tips on riding a jet ski and came across us. No matter how you got here, you’re at the right place. Action Water Sportz welcomes you. We are passionate about introducing people the thrill of jet skiing Myrtle Beach.
This guide is for beginners.
How to Rent a Jet Ski
If you’re new to the sport, these 10 tips can be extremely helpful. These are the basics of jet skiing.
- You must first pass the boating safety course before you can rent a jet ski in Myrtle Beach.
- Choose a comfortable sitting position.
- Place your hands on the bars and your feet on the footrests.
- Before you turn on your waterbike, make sure that you have a lanyard around your wrist. This cord is also known as the kill switch. When you drop it, it turns off the engine.
- Turn on the ignition switch for your jet ski.
- Slowly bring the throttle in. You can cruise offshore at speeds of 5-10 mph until the throttle feels responsive.
- Once you’ve traveled safely from shore, passing obstacles and through heavy boat traffic, you can increase or decrease your speed. A comfortable speed is important.
- Keep your pace steady and slow. Your water bike should point in the right direction.
- To turn the jet ski, you must accelerate. You should balance the load so it doesn’t get too heavy.
- Many novice jet skiers would love to stand on their rental jet skis. It’s best to stay away from this until you are a master or intermediate jet ski rider. You can lose control of your PWC, and even fall.
Before we get to the tip about how to ride your first jet ski, let’s talk about some common questions about jet skiing.
What happens if I get soaked?
Yes! Yes! It’s part of the adventure!
What should I wear to a Jet Ski?
You will be fine with a life vest or bathing suit. If it is very cold, you may want to wear a drysuit or wetsuit.
Jet Skis are dangerous for your health
Every activity is subject to risk. Injuries do occur. You can reduce your risk of injury by following your guides and exercising caution. This article contains essential tips for novice jet skiers.
What should you bring?
- You can take your first jet ski ride, or any subsequent one.
- You will need plenty of gasoline
- A whistle, horn or other signaling device
- A map or GPS device can be helpful in the event of loss.
- All safety equipment and tools required to become certified
- Life Jacket
- Water-specific clothing and gear is essential. Gloves are essential to protect your hands against blisters and keep your fingers steady while you’re driving.
- For operating a PWC, you will need to be certified by your boating safety class.
- Proper documentation is essential. Also required is a vessel registration.
- A fire extinguisher. It is important to know how to use it. Each one has its own safety requirements.
- Flame arrestor and backfire ventilation
Your Jet Ski can be rented at Action Water Sportz. We will also take care of all safety and regulatory requirements. We also offer Coast Guard-approved safety equipment and vessel registration.
Additional Tips for Jet Ski Riders Beginners
These are some safety tips to ensure your PWC is safe before you set off on your adventure.
Safety first: Be aware of the safety rules and regulations applicable to the waters. Coast Guard classifies a PWC as a Class A vessel. It is important to be familiar with the regulations and rules that apply to boats less than 16 feet. Learn with confidence.
It should be straight. Jet ski renters who are new to the sport often have trouble keeping their rentals straight. This is easily fixed. Riders tend to look at the handlebars or the water in front of the bow (front) of the jet ski. Instead, raise your head to look at the distance.
This will allow you to drive straight and let you enjoy your trip. If this doesn’t work, you can choose a fixed point on the ground (buoy) and drive straight towards it.
Without throttle, you can’t steer away from danger. The water jet propels the ski forward and is what they call the jet. To steer your machine, it moves side to side. There is no rudder. You can’t stop giving the machine thrust. This will reduce or eliminate your ability to steer.
You should not release the accelerator if you are in an emergency situation and must avoid a collision. If you do this, it will be difficult to avoid danger. Instead, keep moving and avoid danger.
How to Reboard Your Jet Ski Rental – Jet ski rentals can cause people to fall. It’s not usually a major issue and can even be part of the thrill. There’s an easy way to get on and off. Always reboard your skis at the stern (back).
Lift yourself up onto the handle on the seat to lift your body off the water and onto the ski’s back deck. A tandem rental jet ski can only be rented by one person. Reboarding from the side could cause the jet ski flip.
Don’t rush. Slow down. If you’re not in great shape, or have had several failed attempts at reboarding, it is easy to get tired quickly. You can relax in the water while you think about how to get onboard again. Slowly climb back up.
Relax! It’ll Hurt Less! Many new jet ski riders report that their shoulders and hands felt sore after renting a rental jet ski. Many new riders tend to grip their skis tightly for dear life. You should try to lean forward and let go of your grip.
Keep your elbows bent. This will allow you to ride comfortably without feeling fatigued. Keep your head away from the handlebars and don’t lean forward.
Don’t be too firm, but don’t let your guard down! We’ve talked about driving but there is a way to be a safe and comfortable passenger. This is a great way of staying on the skis. Hold the driver’s waist or use their life jacket to hold their back. Don’t make it difficult for the driver or other person to ski.
Relax as if you were driving. Relax and ensure that your body is flexible but not rigid. This will decreased decreaseness and increase your enjoyment. When turning, the driver should be followed by the passenger.
Jump Wakes: This is the best way to jump. Jumping wakes is an amazing experience but can be daunting for beginners. You must have stability when you are crossing large waves or large waves at 90 degrees. Do not try to push through waves at high speed.
You can do it! Although renting jet skis is exciting and fun, it’s also dangerous. This guide will help prepare you for your next trip with your jet skis.
Call Action Water Sportz if you need a rental jet ski in Myrtle Beach.
Action Water Sport
1525 13th Ave N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Action Water Sportz Little River
4430 Kingsport Road
Little River SC 29566
People often asked questions.
Is it scary to ride a jet ski?
It can be intimidating to learn how to use a jet ski. Modern jet skis can travel up to 70 mph, which means that getting hurt is very easy. It is very easy to learn how to ride a jetski. Here are some tips to make it easier.
Tips For Beginner Jet Ski Riders – Jet Ski Rentals Myrtle Beach
Are jet skis fun?
Jet Skiing Is A Fun Way To Enjoy Water
Some people don’t like swimming. Jet skiing allows you to enjoy the water without actually getting in it. You just need to get on board and have fun.
Top 8 Reasons Why Jet Skiing Is Beneficial and Fun
Is it dangerous to fall off a jet ski?
It is more common than you might think to fall off a jet ski chair. This can happen to both beginners and the most skilled jet ski riders. These falls are not as serious as more serious accidents.
How to Get Back on a Jet Ski After a Fall [Video Guide]